A TPD discharge relieves you from having to repay a William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program loan, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loan, and/or Federal Perkins Loan (Perkins Loan)on the basis of your total and permanent disability. Before your federal student loans or TEACH Grant service obligation can be discharged, you must provide information to verify your condition and show that you are totally and permanently disabled. ED will then evaluate the information and determine if you qualify for a TPD discharge.

How to prove that you are totally and permanently disabled!

  • If you are a veteran, you can submit documentation from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) showing that the VA has determined that you are unemployable due to a service-connected disability.
  • If you are receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, you can submit a Social Security Administration (SSA) notice of award for SSDI or SSI benefits stating that your next scheduled disability review will be within five to seven years from the date of your most recent SSA disability determination.
  • You can submit certification from a physician that you are totally and permanently disabled. Your physician must certify that you are unable to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of a medically determinable physical or mental impairment that can be expected to result in death, has lasted for a continuous period of no less than 60 months, or can be expected to last for a continuous period of no less than 60 months. If you are in need of our services please contact us at 844-323-3328 or fill out the application form shown above!

We encourage you to act soon due to the high demand this program may not be around. Call us today so that we can lock you in before Congress changes the guidelines.

Call Now: 844-323-3328

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.